Advanced Reactive Dog Class
For dogs of all ages who have completed a reactive class*
For dogs of all ages who have completed a reactive class. This class is held outdoors, at a different public location every week in all different types of weather. We may reschedule for inclement weather.
- Have completed a reactive class. If you have completed one of our reactive classes you may sign up immediately. *Please contact us before signing up if you have completed a reactive class somewhere else.
- First set of core vaccines, positive titer test or current vaccines
Class length: 1 hour each consecutive week for 4 weeks (long weekends excluded). WE DO NOT OFFER MAKE UP CLASSES
Is this class for me
This class is for handlers and dogs who have already been through our Reactive Dog Class and have the basic handling skills. (*Please contact us if you have done a reactive class through another trainer and would like to join this class).
Handling your reactive dog in real life can be a stressful experience, as we cannot control the environment and what people/dogs/kids/cars/bikes are around or even coming towards us. Each class is held in a different public location (park, trail, neighbourhood etc) to give you the opportunity to practice the skills you learned in Reactive Dog Class in real life scenarios, to help you learn how to navigate the world with your reactive dog and put the skills you learned into practice while building your and your dog's confidence that you CAN!
You will get:
- Hands on guidance on how to navigate the environment and put into practical application the skills you learned in Reactive Dog Class
- A better understanding of your dog's body language in the real world
- An understanding of why your dog behaves the way they do and how your actions can help
- A better understanding of what triggers your dog in the real world
- A toolkit to draw from to manage your dog's interactions and behaviour
- Confidence in yourself and your dog
- A supportive, non judgemental environment where everyone in class is dealing with the same thing you are!
Clicking on the pay with Paypal button during registration will allow you to pay with Paypal, Credit or Visa Debit.
Class Schedule & Location
May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17
Each class will be at a different public location to practice your skills in real life situations.